The responsibility of providing

 There are several responsibilities that come with marriage and even though we always think that we need to love mainly there are numerous duties that come with starting a family. One of those duties is to provide the necessities to maintain a family, which often requires keeping children and a spouse that stays at home mainly and it takes effort and indeed some work. This issue is normally bigger when a family is just starting to grow when the couple begins is usually when they start with almost none of the resources.

One thing I love about my Dad is that he will always be willing to do whatever it takes to provide enough for his family. I remember that when I was 13 years old I remember that his business was not going good, there were a lot of economical issues in my family and my parents had just had their fifth child, and things weren't looking as good for both of my parents. At that time I remember clearly that he started to try things he had never done before, one of those things was to buy bushels of corn from a producer and then transport them in his truck and go and offer them to several smaller businesses to generate some profits, and he also started to that we the waters of wood processors, at that same time I would find my dad coming at home at 3 in the morning because some trips would definitely take longer for him to get home.

Now when I talk to my dad he tells me that he remembers those times to be definitely one of the hardest in his life because no matter how hard he tried to bring enough money home it just seemed impossible, he says that it was hard to find enough sources to be able to pay for schooling, and several times he had the option of just let us have a cheaper and lower quality schooling but that was never an option for him, because my parents believed in the importance of education, and they believed that the only way for us children not to struggle with the same issues, was for us to get a higher education and being obedient to what we knew it was correct to do.

I love this quote by the prophet Thomas S. Monson "We do live in turbulent times. Often the future is unknown; therefore, it behooves us to prepare for uncertainties. Statistics reveal that at some time, for a variety of reasons, you may find yourself in the role of a financial provider. I urge you to pursue your education and learn marketable skills so that, should such a situation arise, you are prepared to provide." President Monson once again restates how important it is to get educated to provide the enough financially for our families, in these days it is hard to grow on a job if there is not education involved in the process, that is why the urge of getting educated and strive to get a degree becomes really important.

Brother Williams mentioned "Due to the tendency for traditional families to rely on the husband and father to provide for the financial needs of the family, we will combine this with a discussion of family finances. Bear in mind that finances are not just a simple matter of earning and spending money. Every aspect of family life can be influenced by financial issues, mandating that we take care to understand and choose carefully our family rules relative to finances". We need to take the time to make these important decisions as a family.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What do I want my marriage to be like?

Comunication