Importance of genders

This week I read a talk by Elder D. Todd Christofferson called "let us be Men" I was really touched by an experience he shared about one thing his father did to buy his wife an iron. Every gender has a different responsibility in making matrimony work, our heavenly father has established sacred responsibilities for everyone to accomplish to have a successful marriage. when Elder Christofferson shared his experience, he made it clear that as men we are responsible for providing what's necessary for the family to live comfortably in a house where the woman is in charge of making the home organization work. 

There is an importance in every gender God has created in order to make families, organizations, and life in general work in an optimal way. God has created both genders according to the image and similarity to our Heavenly parents. Distinct roles are to be played by both genders female and male, roles that only specific genders can fulfill according to the plan of our Heavenly Father. When the order that God has put in our divine nature, and gender responsibilities are changed when several phenomena occur within societies, it is important that within the families the same order that God has established is followed.

This week I was taught that we often call gender what once used to be called sex, well as you can tell “sex” is a little bit of a strong word, especially because we are not talking about sexual relations. I would like to talk about the difference between genders, and I would like to write it as gifts, what gifts every gender has. Even from a young age, genders start having different behaviors as simple as it may seem, most girls like to play with dolls pretending they are babies, and boys like to take apart cars and resemble them again, now the question is what does that tell us?

In one of the articles, I read today I found a quote that I enjoyed by President Russell M. Nelson in his talk Spiritual treasures November 2019 "From the dawning of time, women have been blessed with a unique moral compass—the ability to distinguish right from wrong. This gift is enhanced in those who make and keep covenants. And it diminishes in those who willfully ignore the commandments of God." Just as he expressed this characteristic that women have, I know that God has provided gifts and talents to men and women to fulfill their divine duties here on earth, duties that can only be magnified by obeying and following the order God has established for us.

Some of the main characteristics I have found regarding character differences between male and female are the following:

Male:

1.     Many aggressive responses: Even from a young age as males we like to solve our problems trying to make them bigger, I mean that often males tend to solve problems by fighting.

2.     Natural desire to provide: A personal experience to me is that whenever I know I am not making money by doing any daily activity I feel like I am useless. This happens often, and it comes as one of our divine gifts and responsibilities.

3.     Competitive

4.     Better developed spatial orientation.

Female:

1.     Social communicative

2.     Ability to read emotions

3.     Nurturing

4.     Detail

5.     Creative

I don’t know about what everybody else thinks but whenever I think of all of the characteristics, I just mentioned I can only think of my mom.

I would like to clarify these characteristics in males and females do not often are the same for everyone, we all have what makes us special and unique, but the data I just shared is what has been more accepted in the world. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What do I want my marriage to be like?

The responsibility of providing

Comunication